An educator has the unique opportunity of influencing and making a difference in the lives of many students. Being equipped with skills and practical knowledge that can be applied directly to the learning environment can help encourage and empower the students. Especially when teaching English as a second language, teachers need to be creative and engaging with the students to achieve desired results.
While there are various certifications to achieve this goal, gaining knowledge, skills and experience in TESOL can equip the teachers to enable the students to be fluent in the English language.
The acronym TESOL stands for ‘Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.’ The Sydney Higher Education Institute offers Certificate iv in TESOL which employs the latest training research and materials along with the support of experienced trainers working in the field.
The certificate course equips the teachers to:
- Plan, organize and deliver group learning.
- Help learners in specific areas like grammar, pronunciation and core skills of speaking, writing, reading and listening.
- Develop resources for learners.
- Assess language learners.
- Establish a career in one of the fastest growing industries.
What goals can a certificate course in TESOL fulfil?
A certification in TESOL opens up various opportunities for teachers who are looking to achieve any of the following:
- Skills and qualifications to work in a language school
- Skills and qualifications to work in a quality school, university or business training schools abroad
- Teachers who have been teaching English online or abroad can get an official Australian government regulated certification
- Schools teachers can participate in teaching ESL programs
- Teachers who would like to start training or teaching business and require the skills and official qualification.
For the duration of the TESOL course, the students are assigned an expert mentor to address specific questions and provide guidance as the assessments are completed to get qualified.
Benefits of certification:
In an industry with no universally accepted, uniform regulations, primarily because English teachers can teach globally, TESOL certification is recognized in most places. Earning a certification from reputable organizations makes it the first step to a career in teaching English to Non-English students.
The certification improves teaching effectiveness. Students learn about the best practices and teaching methods that are specifically designed for working with non-English speakers. The programs help identify proficiency levels, understand students’ cultures and use the resources for learning.
Qualifying for a job:
Different countries and different jobs may require different English language credentials. TESOL is recognized in most countries, and it is a good way to increase competitiveness and may help prospective teachers qualify for some high-quality jobs.
The program generally requires candidates to gain experience in the classroom. Employers prefer TESOL certified teachers. This experience can be a great opportunity and helps bridge students in the language.
Earning a Certificate iv in TESOL equips candidates to make the career move they want to pursue. Having specialized training and experience from Sydney Higher Education Institute will help candidates become better educators and help to fill the gap of having qualified English teachers who can help English language learners excel.