If you have to write an article on a particular topic, what would be the first thing you would do. It is not possible to draft an article if you do not have sufficient information. Thus, the first task you need to complete is collecting sufficient content. The paraphrasing task can only start when you have enough quality content. Students have to work on thesis papers, dissertations and other forms of research work. All these submissions are graded and if the student does not score well in them, his overall grade goes down. Thus, students should work hard on each and every research work submission. Plagiarism is one of the many factors which students should be cautious about.
Knowing about plagiarism to avoid it
It is not possible to avoid a problem if you do not have enough information about it. For instance, if you do not know the damages rats can cause, it would not be possible to eliminate their existence. Similarly, having enough information about plagiarism is very important. In most cases, college and university students submit copied content when they do not have enough knowledge. Thus, it is important to know how plagiarism can be avoided and the damages it has.
1. Do not copy online content?
Plagiarism is the same as stealing. When you are accessing the internet to gather information, you are downloading content which has been originally created by a reputed author. To use the content legitimately, you have to follow some important rules. For instance, to use content, make sure that it has been rephrased properly.
- Research assignments submitted by students do not get graded in a random manner. They are checked in a comprehensive and detailed manner. Academic supervisors use the best plagiarism checking tools to see whether scratch written content has been submitted or not. Hence, if you have submitted copied content, the risk of ending up with a rejected assignment is there.
- Students start the writing phase of the research submission when they have sufficient information compiled. This is where paraphrasing comes into play. You have to rewrite the content so that due credit can be given to the actual author who put in immense hard work.
2. Not using a plagiarism checking tool is risky
Should you submit the research assignment after the content has been rewritten? The answer to this question is no. Prior to submission, it is highly recommended to use the Prepostseo plagiarism checker. Prepostseo plagiarism checker is a dependable technological tool reads through the written content. How is it helpful? It gives you a confirmation that the paraphrasing was good enough and there is nothing copied in the content.
- When you are not using one of these tools, you are taking a risk. This is because when content is checked manually, you may ignore a copied section or paragraph. It is not feasible to submit a research paper without proper checking. Thus, using a quality plagiarism checker is the best option available.
3. Plagiarism has long term damages
Do you know that the grades scored at undergraduate and postgraduate level have a long term impact? If you have scored well in your research work, the overall grade would improve and it would be easier for you to get employed by big organizations. Similarly, there is a flip side as well. If you end up with a low grade, your educational, as well as a professional career, would be tarnished.
- Academic institutions that are credible and hold a reputation adopt a strict approach towards plagiarism. If you have submitted a copied paper, it would be rejected. In the worst cases, the student is even expelled from the institution because reputed academic institutions do not tolerate the submission of copied content.
- Intelligent students with a smart mindset do not take any chances with plagiarism. Once they are done with the writing work, they check the content using a high standard tool. This actually provides an assurance that the content is original and there are no plagiarism risks.
Summing it up
Plagiarism is a serious issue and should never be overlooked. Students have to be sure that the papers they submit have been checked properly. It is good to go through things manually but it does not offer any assurance. On the other hand, when you use a tool, you can be completely sure that the content does not carry plagiarism traces. Another key benefit is that using a tool saves precious time. When you are using manual methods, there is every chance that some part of the content gets ignored. Using a plagiarism checker simply means that all such risks would be eliminated. It is important for students to get a good grade in their research work. The possibility is only there if you have submitted original papers. Copied content gets identified easily and results in immediate rejection.