“Struggling with the OST file issues? Want to troubleshoot all the problems? Do not worry, just check out the smart yet reliable solution to backup Outlook OST file to PST.”
Most of the organizations prefer the Microsoft Outlook email client to carry out data management and communication tasks. Outlook
Once the connection is restored back all the changes are saved automatically. However, some serious issues are associated with the OST file due to which the OST file becomes corrupt and data becomes inaccessible. Moreover, the performance of Outlook is also affected. Thus, to eliminate all the catastrophic situations associated with the OST file, most of the users prefer to backup Outlook OST file to PST.
Lets Us Understand Why A User Needs to Backup OST File into PST File Format
In this section, some of commons reasons which result in OST to PST backup
- Accidental Deletion of Data: Sometimes, the data is deleted by the user mistakenly. If the backup of the data is created by the user then, he/she can easily restore the data and eliminate the permanent data loss situation.
- Corruption Issues: OST files are prone to corruption due to various issues such as server breakdowns, virus attacks, synchronization problem ,
etc. Ifthe OST file is highly corrupted then the user has to face the data loss issue. Thus, in case of corruption and data loss, one can easily recover healthy OST from backup if created by the user.
Different Techniques to Backup Outlook OST File to PST in Outlook 2013 / 2016 / 2019
The user can implement multiple ways to backup Outlook OST file to PST format. In this segment, 4 different approaches are explained to create the backup of OST file as PST format. One can implement any of the methods according to the requirements.
Trick 1: Export Outlook OST File as PST
Before implementing this method, the user should make sure that Outlook is running on the system and connected
- First, open MS Outlook and go to the File menu and click on Open & Export option
- Now, click on the Import/Export option and select Export to a file option in the Import and Export Wizard. Click on the Next button
- Next, select Outlook data file (.pst) from the list and click on the Next button
- After that, you need to select the folder from which you want to backup OST file into PST format and click on the Next button
- Select the destination location to save the resultant PST file by clicking on the Browse button
- Finally, click on the Finish button. After the completion of the backup process, you will be able to verify the backed up data by navigating to the destination location
Trick 2: Archive OST File into PST Format
One can also archive the OST files into PST format by following the steps explained below. One can easily backup OST emails, calendars etc. from the OST to PST file.
- Open MS Outlook and click on the File menu and select Archive option
- Now, select the OST file which you want to archive
- Click on the Browse button to select the location to save the resultant PST file
- At last, just click on the Finish button
Trick 3: Migrate OST to a New PST File
This method permits the user to backup OST to PST format by moving OST file into a new PST file.
- First of all, you need to open Outlook application and then create a new PST file
- Next, you have to drag all the folders from OST files which you want to back up into a newly created PST file
Just Wait and Think!
What If Outlook is Not Installed on Your System?
Most of the
Important Note: The user can also read: Methods to Convert OST To PST for free.
Hope, Backup Outlook OST File to PST File Issue Resolved!
One must back up data on a daily basis to eliminate permanent data loss situations. There are various Outlook users who search for a simple and reliable way to backup Outlook OST file into PST format. Thus, in the above section, we have explained different ways to backup Outlook OST file into PST with and without Outlook email client installation.